Do you love watching Discovery ID? Have you always been curious about the inner workings of a trial? Do true crime shows fascinate you? If you answered yes to any of these questions, and if you are an experienced legal transcriber, then we need you to join us at Access Transcripts.
We are looking for subcontractor transcribers and proofreaders who:
- Are based in the United States
- Preferably has two years of experience in preparing verbatim legal transcripts, but we may be willing to make an exception for the right candidate.
- Can work in either Word or WordPerfect, although Word is preferred
- Has familiarity with various audio programs to include FTR, JAVS, CourtSmart, Liberty, VIQ, and ExpressScribe
- Excellent written communication skills, initimate knowledge of court proceedings, and a good grasp of legal terminology
- Understands how important it is to prepare a transcript that is as close to perfect as we can get it
- Has an amazing work ethic, great communication, and who always adheres to deadlines
What we can offer you:
- Tons of interesting work that can be completed on your schedule, as long as you get it back to us by the deadline
- Highly competitive page rates
- Weekly pay via direct deposit
- Access to our online chat group that provides feedback and mentoring
- A great work environment with lots of opportunities for growth
Lisa and Ilene, the owners of Access Transcripts, started out as transcribers over 20 years ago. We know what it's like to be "in the trenches," preparing transcripts, working against deadlines, juggling our jobs, personal and family obligations, and trying to carve out time for self-care. We have an intimate understanding of the industry, and our number one goal when we started this company is to be the people that everyone wants to work with.
At Access Transcripts, we strive to be the best, but we also strive to have fun, to learn from each other, and to develop working relationships that result in less isolation, more enjoyment, and opportunities to hone our skills and learn something in the process. We hope you join us so you can see what the fuss is all about. We promise you'll be glad you did.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's talk.