Job Title: Digital Court Reporter/Transcriber - REMOTE
About the role:
Remote Legal is seeking Digital Court Reporters to join our team of dual-role reporter/transcribers. As a DR with Remote Legal you will provide white-glove service to our clients to ensure a seamless experience, accurate capture of the record to then produce a verbatim certified transcript of the proceeding.
Our Digital Reporters are the face of our company, we are looking for motivated, decisive, energetic, tech savvy individuals who have the ability to work autonomously and aspire to be on the forefront of advancements in the court reporting industry.
This is What You'll Do:
- Administer oaths and facilitate legal proceedings (remotely) on our proprietary platform
- Interact with our clients, providing excellent customer service as well as assistance with technology issues
- Digitally record and report legal proceedings
- Maintain equipment in good working order
- Successfully play back or read back requested testimony
- Prepare audio files, exhibits and other documentation for transcription
- Research, transcribe, and scope digitally recorded audio in compliance with applicable standards.
This is What We're Looking for:
- High School Diploma or higher
- Notary Public in state of residence and ability to obtain further notary commissions as needed by the company
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Typing speed of 60+ words per minute with a 90% or higher accuracy rate
- Professional demeanor, can-do attitude, quick wit, and ability to resolve issues independently
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn how to troubleshoot new technologies and communicate them to others
- Previous video conference room administration, such as Zoom, Google Meet software, strongly preferred.
- Organized and efficient, leading to completing assigned work within specifically set timelines
- AAERT Certified Electronic Reporter, Certified Electronic Transcriber, or other equivalent certification highly desirable
- Exceptional grammar and punctuation skills necessary.
- Proofreading experience is a plus
- Experience as a court reporter/transcriber is desired, however recent graduates of digital reporting schools are welcome to apply as well.