The general duties as a Digital Court Reporter at Martina-Mikulice Reporting include capturing spoken testimony for depositions, hearing, and other legal proceedings. The candidate for these positions must be able to operate specialized computer audio equipment in accordance to established procedures, court orders, rules, and stipulations. Additionally, the digital court reporter will create annotations and keyword lists, maintaining note of speakers’ identifications, marking exhibits, and preparing files for subsequent transcription. Multiple positions are available!
These positions are for in-person court proceedings. I’m looking for technically savvy professionals to cover these court proceedings. AAERT CERT certification is a must.
**********TUITION REIMBURSMENT AND HEALTH INSURANCE************
Salary potential from $30,000 to $75,000 annually
- Administer oaths and participate in depositions, hearings, and other legal proceedings which take place in office and remotely.
- Utilize technology to record legal proceedings in accordance with established guidelines, rules, and procedures.
- Administer web-conference sessions and facilitate group meetings.
- Transports, set up and operate computer audio equipment.
- Communicate with clients and multiple parties in a professional setting.
- Prepare audio files, exhibits, and documents for subsequent transcription.
- High School Diploma or higher in legal studies, communication, audio, video, or a related field.
- Proficient with the use of computer technology including software applications and web-conference platforms.
- Typing speed of 50+ words per minute with a high rate of accuracy.
- Ability to obtain a state Notary Commissions and administer oaths.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous Legal industry experience is required.
- Professional demeanor and capacity to facilitate in-person and remote legal proceedings using integrated computer technologies and devices and solid proficiency with MS office.