The general duties as a Certified Electronic Reporter for U.S. Legal Support include capturing spoken testimony for depositions, hearings, and other legal proceedings. The Certified Electronic Reporter will be trained to operate specialized computer audio equipment in accordance to established procedures, court orders, rules, and stipulations. Additionally, the reporter will create annotations and keyword lists, maintaining note of speakers’ identifications, marking exhibits, and preparing files for subsequent transcription. This is a remote role and we are currently hiring people based in Florida or New York.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administer oaths and participate in depositions, hearings, and other legal proceedings which take place in office locations and remotely.
- Utilize technology to record legal proceedings in accordance with established guidelines, rules, and procedures.
- Administer web-conference sessions and facilitate group meetings.
- Transport, set up, and operate computer audio equipment.
- Communicate with clients and multiple parties in a professional setting.
- Prepare audio files, exhibits, and documents for subsequent transcription.
- Associate Degree or higher in Legal Studies, Communication, Audio, Video, or a related field
- Proficient with the use of computer technology including software applications and web-conference platforms.
- Typing speed of 50+ word per minute with a high rate of accuracy.
- Ability to obtain a state Notary Commission and administer oaths.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Legal industry experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and knowledge of the U.S. civil deposition process are preferred.
- Professional demeanor and capacity to facilitate in-person and remote legal proceedings.
- Using integrated computer technologies and devices.