Court reporting is a $5B+ industry in the United States, with demand steadily increasing and a growing shortage of qualified court reporters available. Parrot is addressing this critical gap in the market by bringing technology to modernize remote proceedings and the transcription process. The result is remote proceedings that are more effective, convenient and transcriptions that are delivered faster, more accurately, and with functionality that saves our customers time and money. Today, law firms, insurance companies, law enforcement and leading corporations rely on Parrot for depositions, examinations under oath, and hearings.
Why Join Us?
We are looking for an experienced court reporter to work with Parrot at their own pace, taking as many or as few legal events as they want. When moderating our remote events, digital reporters' primary responsibility is to ensure the event goes smoothly - our court reporters do not need to transcribe proceedings, and they enjoy the flexibility of working from home.
- Facilitate remote proceedings and conduct the oath and affirmation of the witness
- Moderate proceedings, ensuring parties speak clearly and don't talk over each other
- Provide read-backs/playbacks from our real-time transcript when requested
- Follow scripts, FAQs, and other training materials
- Professional Court Reporter license
- Previous working experience as a court reporter or digital court reporter
- Knowledge of legislation and court processes related to court reporting matters
- Familiarity with modern software such as Zoom and Google Chrome
- Ability to multitask under pressure
Who We Are
We are a small, fast-growing team of operators, technologists, language nerds, and legal professionals. We've been remote-first from the beginning, well before COVID. We value flexibility and work-life balance - our focus is delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. We are an equal opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you're interested in what we're building, we'd love to connect.